Radon is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. It is formed by the natural radioactive decay of uranium in rock, soil, and water. Radon can cause lung cancer. Without a test, there is no way to know if you have Radon in your home.
Please take 5 minutes to find out the answers to the following questions:
- Has your home ever been tested for Radon? If so, when was the last test
- Does your home have a radon vent? If so, where is it?
- How long has your family lived in your home? Many home sales have Radon tests done now, but mostly in the last 20 years or so.
For more information about Radon or how to test for Radon, please see the following website from the EPA: http://www.epa.gov/radon/index.html